On this page you will learn more about Yogademics and the story behind us. The owner (Dr. Koen Smit) currently works as research fellow and as a yoga teacher. Since he recognized how much yoga (and other activities) positively affects the daily life of a researcher and as an expat, his ambition is to serve the academic community and those live as expats by teaching yoga and organizing other activities. His PhD focused on alcohol use in adolescence and the role of parents. He defended his PhD in September 2020 while he worked as a post-doc researcher in Melbourne, Australia. Since then, he is driven to contribute to academic research in the field of Public Health and prevention. Koen is always keen to brainstorm about what yoga and Yogademics can mean for you or your organization. Feel free to contact him here.
- Smit, K., Voogt, C., Hiemstra, M., Kleinjan, M., Otten, R., & Kuntsche, E. (January, 2018). Development of alcohol expectancies and early alcohol use in children and adolescents: A systematic review. Clinical Psychology Review, 60, 136-146.
- Callinan, S., Smit, K., Mojica-Perez, Y., D’Aquino, S., Moore, D., Kuntsche, E. (2020). Shifts in alcohol consumption during the COVID-19 pandemic: early indications from Australia. Addiction, 116(6), 1381-1388.
- Smit, K., Otten, R., Kleinjan, M., Voogt, C., Engels, R., & Kuntsche, E. (July, 2018). Exposure to drinking mediates the association between parental alcohol use and preteen alcohol use. Addictive Behaviors, 87, 244-250.
- Voogt, C., Beusink, M., Kleinjan, M., Otten, R., Engels, R., Smit, K., & Kuntsche, E. (2017). Alcohol-related cognitions in children (aged 2-10) and how they are shaped by parental alcohol use: A systematic review. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 177, 277-290.
- Smit, K., Groefsema, M., Luijten, M., Engels, R., & Kuntsche, E. (2015). Drinking motives moderate the effect of the social environment on alcohol use: An event-level study among young adults. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs, 76(6), 971-980.